DAILY DOSE | SUMMER HAIR
By Huda Heidi Kattan
It’s summer time and if you’re anywhere close to the equator, it’s HOT! With all the humidity, let’s face it, our hair just doesn’t like us as much! Adjusting to climate change is essential not only with your wardrope, but especially your hair! Here are my summer tips for taking the best care of your mane.
- Get UV Protected! The sun is so powerful and the heat can do a great number on your hair. One of the best ways to protect your hair during the summer, is to buy a UV protector for your hair. One of my favorite products for sun protection is the Redken ColorExtend which has soplexyl, which helps prevent sun damage. Simply spray it on before you leave the house.
- Go Easy on the Blowdry! We all love perfectly styled hair, but with the humidity and heat, it’s best to let your hair go au naturale. If you must blowdry, try to skip one in between! When I do blowdry my hair, I use Kerastase Oleo Relax serum with Morrocan Oil, which seriously fights frizz!
- Fake the Beach! A great way to prolong a blowout is to spray your hair with a curl spray. I love the Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray. It literally looks like I went to the beach and it’s a great way to style my hair before the next blowdry! Right when my hair is ready to wash, I take one extra day to get a great beach inspired do, and your friends will love it!
- Keep it Real! If you do want to go with your natural curls, try using a good cream that can fight humidity. I like to use Frederic Fekkai’s Lucious Curl Cream for the summer, which keeps my curls beautiful all day long!
- Be an Opportunist! Take advantage of the sun! When ever I know I will be in the sun, I take the chance to put a great hydrating mask on my hair and let the sun’s heat really soak it in! I usually use coconut oil or vatika oil, but really any type of hair mask, oil, treatment, etc, will work!
Quick Note: If you can’t find the Morrocan Oil in Dubai or wherever you are, try any Argan Oil, I know Kiehl’s has a selection of Argan Oils. Since Bumble & Bumble is also hard to find, for the Surf Spray, try mixing a cup of water with a tablespoon of sea salt and spray on your hair.
image courtesy of agirlsgottaspa