FASHION WEEK | HOW TO
By Huda Heidi Kattan
Sam McKnight is well-known for his ability to transform a normal do into a high fashion bob in a blink of an eye. After working with the biggest names in the industry like Naomi Campbell, Kate Moss, Gisele Bundchen, Lady GaGa, Sam has made quite the name for himself. This London Fashion Week, he partnered with Pantene Pro-V to create runway-luscious locks for Twenty8Twelve. I absolutely love this style of hair! It looks simple, chic, and gorgeous! Here is the low down on how you can achieve this look!
The Show: Twenty8Twelve by S.Miller
The hair look: Naturally Beautiful
“The hair look for Twenty8Twelve this season is all about gorgeous, shiny, healthy looking hair” says Sam McKnight. The hair appeared fresh, light and airy for summer, so visibly healthy looking hair is going to be right on trend.
The inspiration: “The look was very much inspired by Sienna and Savannah’s own style. The Twenty8Twelve girl is a London girl who’s cool and casual. The hair appears unstructured and natural, but it’s also a very clean look.”
Get the look:
1. Ensure hair is freshly washed, achieved using Pantene Pro-V Sheer VolumeShampoo and Conditioner. As Sam says: “Clean and conditioned hair is the base of any great style“. If hair is dry, try Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Therapy on the lengths to detangle
2. Working Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Mousse through damp hair from roots to ends to reduce natural frizz, then blow dry the hair forward, from the back of the head, towards the front, to keep the hair framing the face
3. Next, to add natural movement and a slight wave, loosely wind random sections of hair around a large barrel tong, being careful not to clamp the hair down. Hold for just a few seconds then release and use your fingers to comb the hair through
4. Loosely braid the hair into two braids to dial down groomed glamour: “This takes the edge off the tonging,” says Sam. Leave your hair in braids overnight or for a couple of hours. To speed up the process at the show, Sam pressed straightening irons along the length of the braid for a few seconds…a helpful tip if you are speed styling at home!
5. Finally, undo the braid and work through hair using fingers to create natural texture, then apply Sam’s finishing touch…a final ‘whoosh’ of Pantene Flexible Hold Hairspray, to add a little oomph
· Pantene Pro-V Sheer Volume Shampoo and Conditioner for clean, healthy looking hair
· Pantene Pro-V Oil Replacement Therapy
· Pantene Pro-V Ice Shine Mousse
· Pantene Flexible Hold Hairspray
image credits elle
source courtesy of panteneprov