The Best Self Tanner

Mon, 23 May 2011

After becoming a self-proclaimed enemy of the sun, I have seriously been on a quest to find the best self-tanner! I spent years becoming the best sun bather anyone could find, but after discovering waaay too many wrinkles and premature aging, I decided to bid my long term relationship with the beach good bye! Of course that doesn’t mean I plan on becoming snow-white glamorous! No! I plan on keeping my glow, but will undoubtedly be depending on the assistance of some very popular self tanners! So the quest begins! Here’s what I have found so far!

St. Tropez Self Tanning Mousse

Having been named one of the best self tanners created by many beauty sources and international beauty blogs, this mousse is great for creating an extremely strong tan in a short time. While I love the fact that the mousse is dark in color, which does help you allocate the location of the self tanner, after you wash it off, a lot of the color washes off as well. If you are looking for a quick tan in a couple of hours without reapplication, then this is your pick, but if you’re looking for a more natural tan, then you might be surprised to find yourself looking slightly orange with your hands a bit dirty looking. Not the best formula for novice self tanners, as can be hard to blend around knees and ankles. Definitely the best pick for a quick tan!

Clarins Delectable Self Tanning Mousse

This is without doubt may absolute favorite self tanner! I used both formulas, one on each leg and saw similar colors on both legs, except the Clarins left a less orange appearance and was also extremely easy to blend, even when I used heavy or small amounts, it always blended like a dream! I also loved the fact that this formula dried extremely fast, which meant that I could get dressed immediately afterward without worrying about any product transferring to my clothes. If you’re looking for an extremely natural tan that you can build over a few days, then you will love this! I have to say, this one is definitely my pick!

image credits stylediggers

11 Comments on "The Best Self Tanner"

1 year 7 months ago

this is hands down the best self tanner i’VE EVER TRIED!!

Hi Huda, I agree with you, I gave up tan a couple of years ago, due to brown stains on my face. Now I am very white, and during this warm period I use a Coppertone bronzer bought in America. It’s not greasy and the tan actually increase after every use. So you need to re-apply the product to have a darker skin. I love it! Ciao, Monia, Rome

1 year 9 months ago

Try Collistar self-tanning products. It will change your favorites!

I consider myself an expert in self-tanning since I’m a freckley with auburn hair and have been using ‘tan-in-a-tube’ for 20 years. I’ve tried everything and I never like the expensive ones.
My all time faves are:
L’Oreal Sublime Bronze
Alba Botanica Natural Very Emollient | golden tanning without the sun (smells amazing)
And believe it or not- Banana Boat!

Hi Huda
where can we get the st tropez tan in Dubai ?
Beat regards:*

Huda! You have to also try for your Drug Store recommended prooducts Neutrogena’s Micro Mist self tanning spray! It’s amazingly natural looking & trust me I’m sooooooo fair with my green eyes & red hair it’s not easy to not turn orange with a self tanner. I shower & dry in the shower, spray it on & just rub it in. It then dries in minutes, put my PJ’s on, go to bed & get up w/ a beautiful tan! &It does last several days! You can apply again the next day if you want to deepen the tan & still doesnt look orange even on us Snowflakes lol At about $10.00 US a can you cant beat it! And I forgot the part about no streaks! Love ya Hoodie :0)