Vitamin HB | Why You MUUUST Start Drinking Almond Milk!Wed, 16 May 2012
DAILY DOSE | BODY
By Huda Heidi Kattan
I can’t tell you HOW many reports I’ve read about cow’s milk and how it’s just not that good for you anymore! My best friend (Candy Z) puts it like this, it’s not like it used to be. Cows are not milked by farmers anymore, they’re milked by machines! Those machines cause so much stress and damage to the utters that the milk we drink needs to be pasteurized to get rid of any harmful ingredients, including anything that may have leaked from wounds the utters cause. GROSS, I know! But true! I never really thought anything of it, but I had to give up milk after my daughter was severely colic and I was breastfeeding. I always loved milk, but never really went back into it after that.
Ok, I don’t want to make this super long, BUT I’ve been drinking Almond Milk lately and I can’t believe how delicious it is, not to mention how beautifying and healthy! I’m going to make this direct and to the point, here’s why you SHOULD be drinking Almond Milk:
- Contains Omega 3 Fatty Acids, so it’s great for your hair, nails, skin and HEART
- High in Protein
- RICH in vitamins & minerals (vitamin E, magnesium, zinc, phosphorous, manganese, selenium, fiber, potassium, iron, and calcium)
- It’s high mineral content make it great at fighting cancer
- Super Anti Aging (thanks to vitamin E and Antioxidants)
- Super Low Fat and Low Calorie
- Doesn’t need any additives (just crushed almonds and water)
- No soy, lactose, or gluten
I personally drink organic almond milk, but almond milk is available in most whole food organic grocers, you can always request it as well!