FIT & FAB | HEALTH
By Alya Alyssa Kattan
How many of us want to lose a few pounds but we all know it’s a royal pain! It seems to be right before you have a wedding or event to attend or a special event that you notice you have too much cushion for pushin (no pun intended). Well, believe it or not, there are some quick tips that will help lose inches instantly and make you feel lighter, thinner, and hotter!
Body wraps have become a HUGE fad in Hollywood, and with good reason–Celebs like Tyra Banks, Kate Winslet, and Penelope Cruz swear by them to de-bloat and de-cellulite before red carpet events! These wraps seem to do it all, from smoother skin to firming up your trouble areas (abs, tush, and thighs) and help you lose weight and inches 10 or more in an hr! Can you really wrap yourself slim? Yes you can! The truth is, it won’t actually make you less fat, but it will make you appear and feel that way! The magic behind wraps is their extreme-sweat-and-detox-power. They can help you sweat off a few inches and pounds (water weight) by removing excess body fluids and toxins in an hour! But a word of caution—results are just temporary lasting 1 to 2 days! The same goes for cellulite; they can temporarily make cellulite look better by plumping up the skin. So if you have to look good for a special event, these wraps can temporarily make you look like you dropped a few pounds instantly.
Since going to spas can be quite expensive, why not do a do it yourself treatment and save hundreds of $$.
- Essential oils
- Plastic wrap or Sheet or Thin towels
1 cup green clay
1/4 cup sea salt
2 tbsp. olive oil
2 cups water
- Boil water in a pan, then add sea salt together until dissolved
- Next, add in remaining ingredients
- Allow to cool and then rub the mixture all over your body
- Wrap your body in a sheet (wrap tightly with sheet) or thin towels, or use plastic wrap (don’t wrap too tight with plastic wrap).
- Start at your feet, rolling or wrapping your legs separately, as if you’re applying a bandage. Then, wrap your hips and torso, then your arms
- Lay some towels down in your bath tub, and lay in your tub for 45
- Rinse off using tepid to warm water. Gently rub and massage the skin as you rinse.
- Gently pat your skin dry
- If you want to make it a more relaxing and enjoyable experience, add a few drops of essential oils such as lavender oil to your recipe. Herbs such as tangerine, ylang ylang, lavender, petite grain, and rosewood all aid in relaxation and reducing stress.
- Avoid clay wraps if you have sensitive skin.
- Clay detoxifies, stimulates circulation, and tightens skin. Salt draws water out of tissue and when added to a body wrap helps reduce puffiness in the skin.
- Buy herbs, oils, and clay at a natural health food store or order them over the Internet.