HUDA BEAUTY | MAKEUP
By Huda Heidi Kattan
Soo, question: Do you feel the same when you wear a nude lipstick as you do when you wear a red lipstick?
I’m going to guess your answer is no, but that’s the beauty of lipstick! It’s an instant mood-changer. It’s the easiest thing you can do to lift your spirits, change your outlook, and fuel your motivation. How amazing is that? I thought it deserved a day of its own, and that’s how National Lipstick Day came to be! Tomorrow (July 29th) is officially National Lipstick Day, so here are 7 different way ways to celebrate!:
1) Post a selfie on Instagram wearing your “power lip”. Is there a lip color that makes you feel confident and powerful? Take a pic in it and Tag #NationalLipstickDay and #HudaBeauty – I want to see your looks!
2) Step out of your comfort zone and try a new shade. The fun in makeup is experimenting, so use the day as an excuse to try a new color you’ve never tried before.
3) Buy a lipstick for your best friend (or mother or sibling). You may already know the power of a lippie, so pay it forward! Buy your favorite lipstick for a friend or family member.
4) Share your favorite lipstick memory. Trendsetter reminds me of when I first met my husband. That’s the color I was wearing back then, and it was the shade I had in mind when I re-created it for our Lip Contour!
5) What’s your favorite lipstick trick or tip? Share it on Twitter or IG and tag me @hudabeauty!
6) Create a new color! Discover a whole new color by mixing two of your favorite lipstick shades to create a brand new color.
7) Try a new technique. Ever try contouring your lips using a lighter and darker shade? Dabbled in ombre lips? #NationalLipstickDay is the perfect excuse to try.
Remember to tag #NationalLipstickDay and @hudabeauty in your posts so I can see how you’re celebrating. Can’t wait to see your looks!