As much as we live for the glam life, we’ve got to admit we’re also crushing over the no makeup, makeup look. Especially with spring around the corner, nothing says fresh more than a flawless complexion and a dewy, rosy glow. For those of you who vibe with Beyoncé and really do wake up feeling flawless, we salute you. For any of you need a little some help from our favorite foundation, to achieve that #FauxFilter look, we’ve got you. Here’s how to look like your gorgeous natural self, just a slightly enhanced, super dewy version – and it only takes five minutes.
1. Start fresh: Wash your face with warm water and a gentle cleanser, then tone and finish with a lightweight moisturizer. If your skin is clean and hydrated, your makeup will sit on your skin rather than be absorbed into your pores.
2. Prep: Before makeup, prep your skin with a radiance primer, like the Farsali Unicorn Essence, $20. This will help your foundation glide on and you’ll have a super glowy finish.
3. Correct: If you prefer more coverage, mix our Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Foundation with a pea-sized drop of moisturizer and a pomegranate-sized amount of Melted Strobe highlighter (the cream formula in our highlighter palettes), or use any liquid highlighter. This will give a beautiful glow to your skin. Apply it with a damp beauty blender for even more of a dewy, flawless finish. For lighter coverage, use a BB cream or a tinted moisturizer, like the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20.
4. Conceal: Apply a cream concealer to any blemishes. Then use it lightly to brighten your under eye using a damp beauty blender, or, by dabbing it in with your fourth finger.
5. Flush: For your cheeks, sweep a pink-toned blush across the apples of your cheek where you would naturally be flushed. We love to use a cream blush as it’s a little softer. You can also use this on your lips for a subtle tint. To finish add a touch of highlighter to your cheekbones, we prefer cream highlighters like our Melted Strobes, as this will give your skin a soft glow. We also love the super subtle shimmer of the Kora Organics Rose Quartz Luminizer.
6. Define: Although we live for a strong brow, this look is all about subtlety. So for a more natural brow, use a powder as it helps to fill the brows in more gently. If you don’t have a specific brow powder, try to find an eyeshadow that matches your brow color and apply it with a thin, flat angled brush.
7. Exaggerate – a little: For lashes, resist the urge to pile it on – that defeats the point of barely-there makeup. First, curl your lashes and then apply no more than 1 or 2 coats of mascara to each eye – we know, it’s hard to resist putting on more, but resist!
8) Add color: To finish, dab your lips with a little nude tinted lip balm. Use your finger for a natural blurred outline.
Lets us know if there are any other makeup looks you want some tips for in the comments below.