MET GALA MOMENTS: The Best Looks You Need To See
Caught by surprise this morning with a flurry of divine beauty looks, intimate celeb moments, and countless reels on your social media feed? Here’s your PSA: it’s Met Monday! While the prestigious Met Gala is historically scheduled for the first Monday of May, it was postponed this year due to COVID. One of the biggest nights in fashion, the annual event and fundraiser for the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute is also arguably the most iconic, glamorous, and meme-worthy nights of the year.
True to form, the celeb and glam squads got together and dedicated their ‘fit, hair, and beat to this year’s theme, “America: A Lexicon Of Fashion.” While some celebs truly understood the assignment (Ciara, we’re looking at you!), others simply took the opportunity to create iconic (and some WTF) fashion and beauty moments, which no doubt will live on forever in memes. Kim Kardashian’s Balenciaga mask definitely wasn’t a look we expected to see – although we did wonder if she bothered with her signature glam underneath!
Moving onto the beauty looks that left us drooling over our phone at 7 am this morning (Dubai time)… From Billie paying homage to Marilyn Monroe, Kendall to Audrey Hebpurn, and Yara Shahidi to Josephine Baker, you need to see these all-American stars…
1. Gigi Hadid’s All American 60s Look
2. Lil Nas X’s Regal Gold Liner
3. Zoe Kravitz’s Braided Updo & Bushy Brow
4. Rihanna’s Berry Tones & Leggy Lashes
5. Gemma Chan’s Tribute to Anna May Wong
6. Yara Shahidi’s Nod To Josephine Baker
7. Kendall’s Modern Day Audrey Hepurn
8. Adut Akech Bior’s Mullet Moment
9. Megan Fox’s Gothic Beauty
10. Keke Palmer’s Hair, Nails, & Beat