5 Products I Use To Treat Hair Loss And Boost Growth!
I recently opened up about my struggle with hair loss, and as it turns out, so many of you guys are dealing with the same thing. While hair loss can be a result of many different factors, from stress, hormonal changes or medical conditions, there’re some great products that can help to promote healthy hair growth. After trialing tons of formulas and tools, I wanted to share with you the products that made a real difference to me, some within just one week after using them on a bald patch caused by wearing a heavy ponytail. Of course, everyone’s hair loss causes are different and so the best course of treatment will alter accordingly. However, after a lot of research and testing, I have found a combination of the below five products really helps to encourage healthy hair growth, and I have noticed a huge difference in my hair.
5 Products I Use To Treat Hair Loss And Stimulate Growth
1. Viviscal Max Strength Tablets, $40
I’m obsessed with taking hair vitamins and these Viviscal Max Strength Tablets are some of the most effective I’ve ever tried – I can literally see baby hairs growing all over my head. The multi-vitamin tablets contain biotin, which boosts hair regrowth by encouraging the formation of protein in the body. This is enhanced by a potent surge of iron to increase levels of oxygen in the scalp as low iron levels have been linked to hair loss. Although, a word of warning, they’ll boost hair growth all over the body, which was great for my scalp, lashes, and brows but not my underarms!
I’m addicted to this laser comb and I use it constantly! The comb delivers red light energy to your hair follicles through 12 medical-grade lasers. It’s clinically-proven hair growth technology that helps to stimulate growth at the follicle, leaving you with thicker, fuller hair. To use, glide the comb over your scalp in a slow combing motion, moving roughly ½ an inch every four seconds.
This device combines the power of red-light therapy and micro-needling – two of my fave things! The tool has tiny little needles that pierce the skin, stimulating the skin’s natural rejuvenation process. This is enhanced by red-light therapy and microcurrent stimulation to increase cell renewal and therefore, hair growth. I have to admit it’s a little painful when you use this on your scalp (it’s originally intended for the face). I also press the needles into my scalp rather than roll it to ensure I’m targeting the area thoroughly. This works particularly well when used with topical serums, as it allows them to penetrate more thoroughly. I like to apply two to three drops of the Aveda Invati Advanced Scalp Revitalizer.
Posts You'll Love:
4. Aveda Invati Advanced Scalp Revitalizer, $19 (3oml)
This amazing serum contains a patented bio-fermented blend and ginseng to invigorate hair growth. The bomb formula also contains tangerine peel and Japanese knotweed to support the hair’s natural keratin levels for healthier, stronger strands. I recommend massaging this into your scalp once a day for impressive results. In fact, it’s proven to reduce hair loss by 53%* when used as part of the Invati Advanced™ 3-Step System, $37, which is pretty insane!
This concentrated serum is infused with plant-based proteins, vitamins, and minerals to energize the scalp and stimulate hair growth. The non-greasy formula contains Sisley’s signature fortifying complex, which contains a rich blend of zinc, copper, magnesium and vitamin b6, which are proven to encourage hair growth. To use, section the hair and apply 3 pipettes per section then massage it in with your fingertips. For the first month, use the serum every two days, then switch to twice a week for maintenance.
While these are the products that I use regularly to combat hair loss and keep my scalp healthy, they are a big investment. Alternatively, you can find other derma rollers online that cost around $10 to $20 that can be used in place of the GloPro Microneedling tool. I also highly recommend the Aveda and Viviscal supplements as my next essential hair growth tools. Here are some other great, more affordable options you can try:
3 Affordable Products To Treat Hair Loss
1. Dr. Wima Beauty Hair Oil Complex, $35: This oil complex is a potent blend of essential oils, including Jamaican castor oil, moringa oil, jojoba oil, and sweet almond oil, which help support hair vitality and stimulate healthy hair growth. To use, apply two to three drops to the thinning area on either a wet or dry scalp. Then gently massage the oil into your scalp for 5 minutes to stimulate blood flow. Once you’ve oiled your scalp, cover your hair with a cap to trap heat and encourage deeper absorption. Leave for a minimum of 45 minutes (you can also leave it overnight) and wash your hair as usual.
2. Nutrafol, Nutrafol for Women, $79: Nutrafol is a nutraceutical product containing biotin, saw palmetto, as well as botanicals with powerful anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-stress properties. A research study in the Journal of Drugs in Dermatology showed significant improvement in hair growth, in both density and quality.
3. Rogaine Women’s Rogaine® 5% Minoxidil Unscented Foam, $27: This 5% solution is the only topical treatment that’s FDA-approved for female pattern hair loss and it is very effective at helping to regrow hair. However, you do need to continue to use this every day to maintain the benefits, which means if you stop using it, hair loss will likely return within a few months.
For more pro tips on dealing with hair loss, read our expert’s guide to hair loss and the best treatments.