DAILY DOSE | SIMPLE TIP
By Huda Heidi Kattan
I know this might seem super simple, but making a change as small as taking the stairs instead of using elevators/escalors, etc, can cause serious improvements in our health. Research has proven that going up just two flights of stairs per day, could result in weight loss of 2.7 kg (6 lbs), and it’s really that simple! According to Cedric Bryant, who is the chief science officer of the American Council on Exercise, taking the stairs is a great way to burn extra calories and can be quite challenging. I truly believe it’s the small things that make a difference!
Remember, it’s important to practice good posture when going up the stairs! If your back or knees (or any joints) are bothering you, then go easy on yourself!
- Helps decrease stress levels
- Is one of the best methods for forming strong and toned legs
- Often Faster than taking elevator
- Small physical activities help improve overall health
- More effective than jogging and cycling
source nytimes, image credits genxxl