When you’re responsible for tending to (and enhancing Beyoncé’s already flawless face) and repping L’Oréal Paris as their celebrity makeup artist, you’ve already reached godly status in the beauty world. Couple those career goals with being a downright awesome human and that’s what makes Sir John one-of-a-kind in the biz. We managed to track him down — even while he’s on tour with Bey at the moment — to pick his brain about the products he’s loving right now and yes, they include must-haves for dewy skin, fluffed-up brows, and glittery lids. Get ready to stock up on the bombest beauty products and Sir John’s makeup tips.
1. L’Oréal Paris Havana x Camila Cabello Sun-Lit Liquid Bronzer, $15: I love glow — everyone knows this and this new bronzer has a great texture. You can use it like a bronzer, or you can mix it with your tinted moisturizer or foundation for that perfect glowy, bronzy look.
2. Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Microfinishing Loose Powder, $36: I use invisible powder on myself and almost every look I do and whenever I’m applying concealer, I never use a pressed powder under the eyes because it’s way too heavy. Instead, I always apply a little bit of this sheer powder to lock in the look.
3. L’Oréal Paris Havana x Camila Cabello Lip Dew, $10: These glosses are so bomb right now. I say they’re the “lazy girl’s dream” because they give you that perfect amount of sheen color and the applicator is so foolproof. I love the jumbo doe-foot wand as well… definitely a great pick for everyone.
4. L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara, $10: This is hands down my go-to mascara. It has become a major staple in my kit and gives you that super feathery lash look we all love.
5. LA Glitter in Houdini and Dirty Penny, $22: I love glitter right now! I used these on Beyoncé at Coachella and I love everything about the brand. It was started by a girl out of her living room in LA and she is awesome.
6. Tom Ford Bronzing Powder, $70: This is a holy grail product in my kit and one I have used forever. It’s great for all skin tones and for giving that sun-kissed look.
7. L’Oréal Paris Brow Stylist Definer Mechanical Pencil, $9, and Glossier Boy Brow, $16: Brows are something that I always do, no matter what look I am creating. That said, I only do natural looking brows, not the overdone-Instagram brows. This combo is great because I go in with the pencil with very light handed strokes and then apply the gel to set the look and comb/fluff up the brows a bit.
Can we also just say that, as well as Sir John’s mad makeup skills, how jealous we are that he gets to go on tour with Beyonce — dream job?! Let us know if you’ve tried any of these in the comments below. We’re also huge fans of the Lash Paradise Mascara and highly recommend it!