This New Beauty Oil Is The Answer To All Your Skin Problems
The skincare community has sung the praises of coconut oil for years now, but there’s a new beauty oil hitting bathroom shelfies and it’s gaining serious momentum. We’re talking about French plum oil, a highly nourishing ingredient that’s derived from the seeds, or kernels, of that familiar purple fruit.
We’re not saying you should forget about tried and true favorites – such as beloved coconut, argan, rosehip, or jojoba – but we are saying you might want to consider adding plum oil to your current skincare regimen.
What Makes Plum Oil So Special
OK… so what’s the big fuss about plum when there’s already a diverse lineup of oils out there? To begin, plum oil is a rich source of antioxidants, polyphenols, and fatty acids – basically a skincare trifecta. It deeply hydrates and softens, protects skin from free radical damage, and helps repair existing damage. Consistent usage results in skin that’s healthier and a complexion that’s more even and vibrant.
If that didn’t sell you, know that plum oil is considered eight times more powerful than argan oil and six times more powerful than marula oil. Another wonderful quality is that it’s exceptionally lightweight. It sinks into the skin quickly instead of leaving a heavy, oily residue.
Skin Types Plum Oil’s Best Suited For
Plum oil is approved and recommended for all skin types. People with sensitive skin (including those with psoriasis and eczema) will appreciate how gentle it is, those worried about signs of aging will enjoy its reparative, firming, and brightening abilities, and those with dry skin will love how moisturizing it is.
5 Ways to Use Plum Oil
- Apply Straight to Skin – Plum oil can be applied directly to your skin after cleansing and toning. A little bit will go a long way, too.
- Add to Your Moisturizer – Add a few drops of plum oil to your favorite moisturizer for an added boost of antioxidants and hydration.
- Mix into Foundation – For a glowy finish, add one or two drops of plum oil to your foundation. Alternatively, place the drops on your Beautyblender before blending.
- Hydrate Your Cuticles – A small amount of plum oil makes for healthier cuticles and nail beds.
- Soften Your Lips – After exfoliating, press plum oil into your lips and let it absorb. Your lips will be ridiculously soft.
Some of Our Favorite Plum Oil Products
Le Prunier Plum Beauty Oil, $72, is a beautifully packaged, 100% pure plum oil. What makes this one a standout product is that the plums are harvested from the owners’ century-old family farm in California.
Kari Gran Three Sixty Five SPF, $48, is a physical broad-spectrum sunscreen that’s been formulated with non-nano zinc oxide, plum oil, and a crew of other wonderful oils including raspberry seed, avocado, and macadamia nut.
Russel Organics French Plum Oil, $48, is also a 100% pure plum oil. We love that it’s available at Target.
Have you tried plum oil? We want to hear all about it in the comments below.