This Ancient Oil Is The Answer To All Your Beauty Problems
Make way; there’s a new nut oil in town! Hailing from Hawaii, the super moisturizing properties of Kukui nut oil have been treasured by locals for centuries. Now, it’s made a transition worldwide, and can we just say, thank the skincare gods! Packed with essential fatty acids, protecting antioxidants, and vitamins, this oil is praised by celebrities for its soothing and hydrating effects. Kukui nut oil is typically used as a massage oil due to its ability to relax and ease tension in muscles, but it’s got a whole heap of incredible beauty effects.
Let’s break it down, shall we?
Why Kukui Nut Oil is Amazing For Your Skin
The thing that makes Kukui nut oil so great is that it does the absolute most. Whether you’re experiencing dryness or fine lines, kukui nut oil is a total all-rounder that works for almost every skin issue.
Kukui nut oil gives your skin the lovin’ that it deserves. The high concentration of fatty acids works on minimizing the appearance of wrinkles and reducing inflammation that can give skin a ‘puffy’ appearance. It’s also known to soothe rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema, and can even soothe burns – perfect for after your chemical peel! These fatty acids help to encourage the production of the skin’s natural oil layer, which protects and moisturizes the skin in the most natural way possible! As well as fatty acids, kukui nut oil is also rich in vitamin A, which stimulates healthy skin cell regeneration to keep your skin looking bright. Vitamin A also stimulates the cells that develop tissue called fibroblasts, which keep your skin plump and firm.
Kukui nut oil also contains vitamin E (one of the most loved vitamins in skincare), which protects and heals skin from damage, like acne scarring, while it also battles free radicals that age and damage your skin.
Why Kukui Nut Oil is Amazing For Your Hair
One of the most common issues we experience with our hair is damage. And, let’s face it, although we should, it’s a serious struggle to give up on the straighteners to let our hair heal… In swoops kukui nut oil. Mixing a few drops of the oil with your shampoo or conditioner allows the oil to coat and protect your damaged tresses. The linoleic and linolenic fatty acids in the oil act as a barrier that strengthens your hair follicles. Not to mention it’ll give your hair blinding shine!
If you struggle with dandruff, kukui nut oil is hear for you again. Although there are a number of causes behind a flaky scalp, one is dryness. And what does dryness crave the most? Moisturization! Massaging kukui nut oil onto your scalp and allowing it to sit for at least 30 minutes (or even all day if you’re having ‘me’ time) will soothe and hydrate your scalp – ciao, flakes – just be sure to wash your hair afterward.
5 Ways to Use Kukui Nut Oil
1. Add it to your bath: Winter wreaks havoc on your skin, and trying to keep your skin moisturized can feel like a battle. Add half a cup of kukui nut oil to your bath water and watch your dry skin (and general life stress) become a thing of the past.
2. Natural makeup remover: Although effective, kukui nut oil is super gentle, so applying it to your face and eyes is fine. The oil melts makeup away leaving you fresh and hydrated! Use it as the first step in your cleansing routine, then follow with a water-based cleanser.
3. Apply it to your hair: From scalp to split-ends, kukui nut oil has got you covered. Apply a generous amount of the oil from your roots to your ends and treat yourself to a massage. With shine like this, your highlighter is going to have to do some serious work.
4. Add it to your moisturizer: Kukui nut oil is a natural anti-aging, moisturizing, and soothing agent. Add it to your night (or day cream) for an added boost.
5. Use it as a night serum: When we sleep, our body temperature increases, which allows our skin to absorb product more efficiently. We all want to wake up looking fresh and glowy, so add a few drops of kukui nut oil to your face before bed to give your skin some overnight TLC.
Kukui Nut Oil Products We Love:
Alba Botanica Organic Hawaiian Body Oil, $8: This completely natural organic body oil is vegetarian and contains no artificial colors or harsh sulfates. We love to smother this on ourselves when we step out of the shower.
Lanza Healing Moisture Kukui Nut Conditioner, $45: This conditioner is light but rich in emollients that saturate the hair for ultimate nourishment and frizz-control.
Unscented Russell Organics Kukui Nut Oil, $19: Go pure with organic kukui nut oil and add it to everything – trust us!
Have you guys tried kukui nut oil before? Let us know in the comments.