Why I STILL Swear by Lip Contouring! (with How-To)
OK So it’s no secret that I LOVE a good contour…I’ve literally been contouring since I was about
14 years old and in middle school (true story!). People actually thought I was much older ’cause I was always wearing full foundation, concealer, mascara, strong eyeliner, and a bold lip. You guys know I’m all about symmetry, whether it’s using a capiler to make sure my brows are sisters, or tape to get the prefect contour – I feel the exact same way about lips! It just makes the face look so much more harmonious, and I truly believe that lining your lips should be part of your daily beauty routine. That was the main reason why I decided to create our Lip Contours – I wanted to take the whole idea of contouring from the face to the lips. It wasn’t a gimmick for me. Although no one is born with perfect face symmetry, it’s really fun to be able to play around with that using makeup!
To get the perfect lips, here’s a quick How-To for you to follow:
1. Look at your lip shape and assess the areas you want to contour (add more volume, fix the symmetry, improve the shape etc)
2. I like to apply a little foundation on my lips after moisturising them – I just feel like the color is way more intense that way!
3. Take your fav Lip Contour, draw an “X” on your cupid’s bow to create the arch, then line the bottom centre of your lips to match the same as the top.
4. Connect it at the corners (the goal is to make your lips appear even).
5. Generally speaking, you can overline a little bit, however just don’t do too much to avoid a clown-like lip.
6. Once you’ve created the desired shape, you can use a lighter shade to fill in the rest of the lip. This will help create the illusion of a more voluminous pout. Afterwards I like to use my finger to lightly blend the colors together (to get rid of any harsh lines).