Lazy Beauty Hacks: How To Easily Banish Stubborn Thigh Fat
There are some things in life that just won’t go away, you know, like exes, hormonal acne, the constant craving for chocolate, and thigh flab. Don’t get us wrong, full hips and thighs are a VERY sexy thing – actually, fun fact, there are only songs on YouTube about voluptuous thighs. Anyway, we digress! If you do want to get rid of some of what your mamma gave you, then we have a few super simple thigh exercises you can do a few times a week for toned AF thighs in weeks. We got the DL from fitness guru and personal trainer, Jeremy Gwyer, and his top tips for what to eat to keep healthy.
Three easy thigh exercises:
1. Sumo squat: Stand with your feet wider than shoulder-width apart, bend your knees and push your butt back like you’re sitting on a chair, keeping your chest and head up. Go as low as you can then stand back up! The wide stance emphasizes the workout on the inner thighs. Tip: squeeze your butt as you come up and feel the burn – it’ll help tighten up your booty too! Do three sets of 15 squats.
2. Donkey kicks: Get on all fours with your hands under your shoulders and your knees directly under your hips. Keeping your right knee bent 90 degrees, lift your heel up towards the ceiling and hold it there for 2 seconds. Lower your knee without touching the floor and lift again. Do 15 reps, then switch and do your other leg, repeat this three times.
3. Floor glute bridge: Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet flat on the floor. From here, you are going to push your hips up off the floor as high as you can and hold it at the top for 3 seconds! Do three sets of 20 reps.
What to eat:
Assuming you don’t want to go to the gym (which would speed this process up considerably), there are other alternatives to help you get rid of the jiggle, and it all starts with what you’re eating! Here’re my top nutrition tips for leaner legs:
1. Stop eating refined carbohydrates/sugar: As well as allowing you to balance your blood sugar levels and control cravings, refined carbohydrates need to go for Beyonce-thigh goals. Refined carbs are foods that have been processed, like bread, baked goods, pasta, and sweets. Non-refined carb examples are rice, potato, and quinoa.
2. Eat more green Vegetables: Without doubt, greens have the greatest potential to help rid the body of bad estrogens that cause extra fat around the thighs. Broccoli, spinach, cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, and cauliflower should be a priority in your shopping trolley.
3. Drink Pu-erh tea: This Chinese tea can actually prevent your body from producing fat as it reduces fatty acid synthesis. You just need to drink it one hour after every meal. (Read more about Pu-erh tea here).
4. Choose Seafood as your primary protein source: Seafood is rich in omega 3’s and contains a high-quality protein that includes all of the essential amino acids for your health – it’s also a protein source that’s much easier for your body to digest.
Either way, love the body you were blessed with and embrace what you got – we all have different body types! We love this Self profile of ultimate babe Ashley Graham, check it out: